Saturday 20 June 2009

Sorrow lake (a song).

My sorrows made a sorrow lake
And trundling in was my first mistake.
But what to do when you're a clueless boy?

The voices in books seemed to sell themselves,
To the point where I left my friends on their shelves.
But that dunder-headed mix is all I have.

I came to a point where I felt uninspired
And the ground beneath me became a mire -
All thanks to my heavy, sinking soul.

The blues you sing to nudge you on
When the iron fist of trouble's strong.
But something won't let this relent.

I went to a church to get some quiet
'Cause no one goes as our God is shite.
I don't pretend to be a religious fool.

Well, my sorrows made a sorrow lake
And I'm so cold I may skate
This icy ruin of my former verve.

I needed some degree of pep
So I'd be guffawing like a holiday rep.
But I'd just shoot myself right in the foot.

So I dug a grave and leapt right in
And raked the earth up to my chin.
I'll see you as a fossil at the end of time.

Well, my sorrows made a sorrow lake
And I dissolved into the isotonic drink;
I became just what I felt.

Well, my sorrows became a sorrow lake
And trundling in was my first mistake,
But what's a clueless boy to do?

It's spirit-gaining to feel low
But it sure as hell takes its toll.
For heaven's sake, just try to be more droll.
For heaven's sake, try to be more droll.

No comments:

Post a Comment