Saturday 20 June 2009

Lonely streets.

I think I feel like crying.
It's been a long, hard day.
I think I may need a lie-in,
No matter what my boss might say.
Well the sun's out, so what the hell.
It's a good day with a fine weather spell.
It's been rainin' for about a month.
I've been feeling a detatched cunt.
I walk these lonely streets,
Bearing suspicious eyes and fox-fleet feet.
The people don't look amused.
The pavement makes us feel bruised.
We're so independent that
We forget we're dependent.
We all have faith in
A system that is shaking.
I walk these lonely streets.
People are consoled by packaged meat.
We feel that much better
When we're shopping in fair weather.
We're supping at our cider
As our shadows grow that much wider.
We're not really thinking.
There's no time for blinking.
I walk these lonely streets.
I rush with fox-fleet feet.
I amble here and there.
I scramble with people everywhere.
I want to get away.
It takes time and cash and sway.
We all feel like we have years,
But years don't think in the same way.
I feel like maybe cryin'.
It's been a long, hard day.
I think I may need a lie-in -
No matter what my boss might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment