Saturday 29 May 2010

Child.

I met a child of God
yesterday
and it had
the saddest eyes:

turned away
by its maker;
it seemed surprised.

I met a child 
of the universe
who sang with sounds -

sang with the joys
of life
she'd found.

I met a child
digging dirt,
just raking it up:

he was counting worms,
and measuring them
with his thumb.

I met a child with no parents -
just
a solitary carer

and she
was doing fine,
although she 
gave off
the saddest feeling.

I met a child
whom
her parents had 
labelled
as 'Christian',

but she didn't care:
she was playing on her own,
unaware
that she was
secretly
distancing herself
from the others.

I met a child
who met me with furrowed brows
at my every expression:

these weird habits of mine
were like
firecrackers
in its face

and I laughed for hours
afterwards
at the candidness
of young minds.

2 comments:

  1. Lieber Robert,

    deine Gedanken sind treffend und wahr, genau so sieht es oft in der Realität aus.

    Dir einen schönen Sonntag,

    LG; Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel - have a lovely Sunday, too.

    ReplyDelete