Tuesday 9 November 2010

Rain.

Rain:
she is a bitch
that permeates my skin;
sheath of water muck
sworn
not to let it in.

Rain:
she is ugly
in her beauty;
mute,
doesn't see
her feminine guile.

Male, earth
libido
is waiting to be quenched:
waiting, and waiting
for rain
to while

(playing with Freudian themes;
rain is male,
female the earth:
he needs the rain
like fire needs hearth,
like surplus needs dearth).

She comes slowly
and unannounced
and takes half an hour to get ready
and when that lipstick
falls upon your head
it always falls heavy.

Rain:
she scares the rainbow
into hiding
'til, with Sun's sorrow,
she starts confiding.

Rain,
I walked here
with you
on my umbrella;
I'm sorry I've been
an insincere feller.

However,
I think you know me well:
in all my wavering
about the inkwell
the truth hangs steady
in my mind;
rain,  I love your judgement
every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment