Tuesday 2 November 2010

I think of you.

Night-time's eyes
are blinking slow;
these cords are tight
and they pull down low.

And as you float
into your bed
I think of you.

The Moon is full
with sleep to-night
and the tides
within your eyes

lap the shores
of my mind
'neath starry blue.

Borne aloft
on cosmic discs
the serenade
of love's duress

is creeping fine
like silken spine
and weaving me
as smooth as wine.

On your lips
there hangs a moth
with intentions fine
and wings so soft;

in an Indian garden
it takes to night
to evade my touch,
leaving trails
and lines.

As winks rise
and heat is left
I'm taken in
through dream's cleft:

blue hues
and stars of white;
you are the Sun:
you give me life.

And as he lay
in folds of soft
she sighed a sigh
and in darkness coughed;

on her mind:
his curious way.
Two bodies still
to not mete love's decay.

And as conscious moments
through dreams sift
she hears a word
and cups a kiss;

in safe embrace
of uncertain arms
she finds new life
and endless charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment