Tuesday 14 July 2020

Let Me Rock You

Maybe
you look at me
and see I’m somehow
treating you like a lump of coal
and trying to
push on you
as a vice,

like a tectonic plate,
enveloping you
and squeezing you
into a new shape.

Nah, that’s all you, baby.
No pressure!
Honestly, honestly -
I’m not here to stress yer!

I’ll just be a warm hand cradling you
putting you
where you need to be.
There ain’t no scientist
running my show -
I flunked geology.

But baby, I think I’ve won
the geologist’s lottery.
And I don’t know what you are.
Perhaps you were born in a star
eons ago -
light years and light years afar.

But your atoms, they excite me.
And I feel your electrons flow.
I can feel the crystals of your surface,
and sense the structure deep below.

Darling, just let me shine a light on you:
you’ll see
where you need to be.
I’ll rock your world,
I’ll ‘stack’ around
till 2073.

Oh, if only you’d let me,
if only, the light -
so prismatic.

We could set each other free.

No comments:

Post a Comment