Sunday 5 July 2020

All Good Things...

I see you standing there,
the stunning girl with the wonderful face,
(smile full of soul and warmest grace)
the shapely body,
the longest sleekest legs,
and the breasts 
which take the sun’s breath away,
and I wonder what you think of me
as you return my gaze -
am I a horny dog to you?
You seem hardly amazed.
But if you must know

I imagine your father holding you as a new-born
and I see him welling up with tears of joy
at the majesty of this babe
trembling fearfully, fretfully silent
covering you like an angel within his wings
although he is just a man,
and at times feels less than.

And I see you as a child
being walked to school,
holding his hand,
and he’s so in love with you,
and you’re his everything.
And then suddenly you’re almost grown
and all the boys hold you in their mind
although not with the cleanest
of intentions,
and he’s not gonna let you go.

And I can see you in the future.
You are still beautiful.
Time has been good to you,
although all things must go south.
But time is your friend:
don’t fight it -
hold its hand.

Just like I can imagine holding yours
until your dying day.
And yes, I can also imagine
setting your inner animal loose
between the sheets
as you snap at me like a wolf,
at my fleece.
But I’m only a man.
I’m nothing more.
I just want peace.

I’m not your father.
No one could ever love you
quite like him.
But I could love you
like no other.
I’ll forgive your every sin.

And just so you know,
I wouldn’t put all the pain
of my past on you,
I made that mistake before.
That stuff’s my stash, it’s good shit;
it gets me pretty high.
The last one I took down with me,
I charged like a fucking boar, a beast;
but for the next girl
I’ll touch the sky.

Did I already mention my fleece?

But if you’re taken,
don’t be mistaken:
my little heart ain’t breakin’.
I’m not quaking:
I’m glad someone loves you
and you in turn love them.

I just hope they’re giving you
all their best - giving you the things
they love the most
about themselves,
their deepest shades of green and gold,
and all the treasures with which
they’re blessed.
And if they’re not,
you should put them
to the test.

Know I’m always here -
just wanting to show another
their loveliest reflection.
But for now?
For now I need some rest

No comments:

Post a Comment