Wednesday 5 August 2020

Witching Hour

I saw you on the dance floor
dancing by yourself,
as if you the music was for you only,
making love to your body.

I took a few slugs
bided my time and orbited you
like a satellite,
hoping you’d see me as your moon.

We grew closer to each other
with the gravity of feeling;
our feet were on the ground,
our minds were on the ceiling.

You started grinding on me
and I caught your scent;
I was like a tiger.
I wanted you in bed.

We were circling so close now,
your hair gently brushed my cheek.
My lips were near your neck now;
you quivered as you spoke.

You took me by the hand
and we fled and hailed a taxi.
You said, ‘Shakespeare Street, drive’
and we were kissing in the back seat.

And my hand inched up your leg
to the peak of your desire;
you were a mountain,
I was the climber.

We tumbled into the sheets
and we rose 
inwards and outwards
like the moon-pulled sea.

We slept for a while,
I awoke and from my wing
I plucked a single feather,
held it gentle in my hand.

I brushed your inner thigh,
lightest touch, awakening you;
then I inhaled, descended, gulped deeply.
I kissed your body like the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment