Monday 4 December 2017

Magdalene's Message

Merry Christmas, everybody.
It's a wonderful time of year.
Giving, loving, community,
a time to way lay fear.

You know, I knew Jesus.
He was just a bloke.
A very special bloke.
All wisdom, love, and jokes.

He told me I was God's child,
despite that I'm a girl:
he said that men tend to spoil things
because they think they own the world.

He told me he had a wound
from where his kindness came;
he told me the source of his wound
was his Father's pain.

He told me he loved man,
woman, child; every living soul.
He said all he wanted to give us
was a chance to be happy, and whole.

He told me that God
means whatever it means to you.
God could be a kiss,
or a bible bound in blue.

He taught me God forgives a sin
but he holds good acts in high regard.
He won't drag the sinner down,
but he lifts a hero up.

You can be a hero, you know.
But first, you gotta save yourself.
Because others look to you,
that's how you save somebody else.

With la-la-la-la-love.
Sit around the table, eat, feast.
Fill yourself up with life.
Too much death makes man a beast.

And who am I, you ask.
I'm just a woman. A woman
who loved Christ. A sister to him,
a friend, confidante, lover, wife.

And, so, Merry Christmas.
Let's remember why we remember,
and try to live each day in peace,
not just on one day in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment