Saturday 6 April 2013

A Thousand Words

How much can be unsaid
in a word or phrase?
Such as, you look wonderful.
What I mean to say is,
When you dance, it's like angels
possess your body. Your small
heels send me heavenwards,
and your gaze is softer than the
bristling haze of the touch of corn.

And when I say, Goodbye,
what I really mean is,
I don't know what I'd do
if I never saw you again,
if I could never hold your hand
again, if you never bestowed on me
again your smile. And,
Please don't ever leave. Please,
don't leave me.

And, I'm happy.
What I mean to say is,
I know that things must change,
that time catches us and we're caught
in its sway, but the present here
is eternal. It stretches on eternally.
Let me be caught in this moment
with you for all time. Nothing could
ever remove us from this. Not even
death could break us apart.

And when I smile, I say all that.
And maybe, one day, sitting in silence,
we'll read the novels of our eyes,
the hushed stories of our mouths,
to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment