Thursday 18 February 2010

Inspiration.

Sitting here
with nothing to do
and nothing to see,
I long for inspiration.

It comes from the most unexpected places.
Sitting sedentary,
the fat starts to appear;
ripples start to ripple.

Rain pitter-patters in gentle tones
upon the pane of glass
shielding me from the outside
coldness -
an artificial barrier.

Sitting here -
with nothing to think,
no feelings to drink,
no vessel to bear -
I pore idly through thoughts;

sometimes they make sense,
as if I'm addressing another.
Mostly, they're just pausitive glimmers
of the glory that could be
if only I'd open my ears;
if only I'd open my mouth.

I find something to do,
then something else.
I find something of interest,
and then it goes,
only to re-appear much later on
because of some reference in passing.

I look for inspiration,
but it doesn't find me.
And then suddenly something
comes to me.
A-ha!

1 comment:

  1. Robert,

    I understand and appreciate this poem. The last five lines brilliantly connect to resolution, understanding; the link to Japanese haiku...the a-ha moment. I thank you, and hope you are well.....pajamas

    ReplyDelete